When relationships end we sometimes get really down on ourselves. We wonder what is wrong with us that we didn’t notice all these “red flags” about the person beforehand. Now we have become emotionally invested in someone who has hurt us. We vow that we will not be as trusting the next time this happens. Instead of constantly blaming others for our bad choices we need to start to take a bit of responsibility for these bad relationships we have brought into our lives. If we are constantly dating the wrong type of person it could be that we are not paying enough attention to the non-verbal clues that people present when we are with them. The following are a few patterns that you will see time after time in deceptive people.
1. You ask them a question and they take too long to answer or answer too quickly. This implies that the person either cannot answer it truthfully or that they have practiced answering this question time after time and have it down pat. Beware of either behavior when dating a prospect for a long-term relationship.
2. If the person asks you to repeat the question or they repeat it themselves they may be deceptive. This tactic gives them time to “think” about how they want to answer you. The open and honest person has nothing to hide and so needs no time to think it over.
3. Believe it or not being too polite or “people pleasing” is not always a good thing. It sometimes shows that the person is afraid to show you who they really are.
4. If the person constantly talks negatively about every other relationship in their life or about their job, ECT. this should be a big red flag that this person is not currently relationship material. We all have problems but the emotionally mature person has learned to deal with them without becoming negative and bitter.
5. When you are dating this person for the first couple of times and you notice them leaning away from you and the conversation this is not a good sign. When a person is truly “into” you they face you and move towards you. Don’t listen to the words but watch the body language. It can tell you more in five minutes then what the person says during the entire date.
6. Anytime the person puts a barrier between you or themselves see this as a sign of trouble. The person is not that “open” in relationships and they will end up “closing” you out if you spend a lot of time with them. A barrier can be their arms folded in front of them, a computer in front of them or even crossing of their legs to create distance.
7. Unnatural silence is a big non-verbal clue to watch out for. We all experience lulls in conversation but we usually feel the most comfortable when we can “fill” them quickly. When there is a lot of silence the person is in the midst of some sort of a conflict that is going on inside of them. Unless you are being paid to counsel the person you don’t need this person in your life.
8. The eyes of the person are very telling. Some people will hold eye contact an unbelievable amount of time in an effort to gain control or power over their opponents in the game of life. When a person is truthful about whom they are they generally only keep eye contact fifty percent of the time. On the other hand averting their eyes constantly shows that they are afraid you will see right through them and find out things they don’t want you to know.
9. The face turning red in the middle of a discussion shows anger. On the other hand, the face turning white indicates fear. Either one of these things should be serious reasons to move on in your selection of a partner.
10. It’s all in the smile. Honest, happy and emotionally stable people smile easily and naturally. When a person’s smile is fake it sometimes indicates the person is fake. We all fake smiles from time to time as a way of being social. When judging the sincerity of smiles look at the eyes. People who are real fakes cannot smile with their eyes at the same time they smile with their mouths. Most of us have seen the sinister smile of evil people. Their mind is saying one thing and their body is trying to project another. Watch smiles carefully.
Sooner or later we will risk another relationship. Spending a little time and effort learning about non-verbal body language put us in a power position and helps us weed out the genuine people from the losers.
Love and Blessings to you all!
© Catrina Muhle psychic/intuitive